Dates & Prices
We pride ourselves on the delivery of such a safe, structured and personally supported experience. Your expedition fee includes your food, accommodation, in-country travel, resort briefings, R&R, weekend adventures, emergency support and your expedition leader team living with you 24/7. Expeditions also fund the work of the Think Pacific Foundation (Fijian charity FJ 989) enabling us to support over 20,000 children anually who are living in hardship and ensure sustainability of the aims.
Registration fee: £195
This secures your place on your chosen expedition, provides personal briefing and support by your UK project manager, pre-departure guides and resources and your expedition t-shirt. Your registration fee is additional to the project fee.
Your Project fee is due 3 months before departure. You are welcome to fund raise some or all of your project fee including setting up your own Just Giving Page. A minimum of 30% of your project fee funds rural schools and long term initiatives for children.
1 Month Expeditions = £1,100
2 Month Expedition = £1,800
3 Month Expeditions = £2,400
2 Month Expedition 2017
4 March - 29 April 2017 - Limited spaces
9 May - 4 July 2017 - Limited spaces
30 September - 25 November 2017
1 Month Expeditions 2017
21 March - 18 April 2017 - Limited spaces
4 May - 1 June 2017 - Limited spaces
4 June - 2 July 2017 - FULL
6 June - 4 July 2017 - FULL
8 June - 6 July 2017 - FULL
10 June - 8 July 2017
14 June - 12 July 2017
16 June - 14 July 2017 - FULL
18 June - 16 July 2017 - FULL
7 July - 4 August 2017
13 July - 10 August 2017 - FULL
15 July - 12 August 2017 - FULL
16 July - 13 August 2017
20 July - 17 August 2017
14 September - 12 October 2017
26 October - 23 November 2017
2 Month Expedition 2018
14 January - 12 March
4 March - 30 April
6 May - 2 July
24 June - 20 August
1 Month Expeditions 2018
25 January - 22 February
22 March - 19 April
10 May - 7 June
26 May - 23 June
16 June - 14 July
15 July - 12 August
Not for profit
Think Pacific is a UK social enterprise and a Fijian Charity. Your expedition fee funds vital materials, equipment and resources for the communities and schools we support to ensure that every team makes a significant and sustainable contribution to the poorest villages in Fiji. Every team visits a different Fijian village to leave a legacy, achieving be-spoke building, youth and sports development aims, which have been designed by communities and which are overseen by the Fijian Ministry of Health and the Fijian Ministry of Education. Your fee also funds scholarships, training courses and apprenticeships for Fijian people.
We keep our prices as low as possible whilst ensuring our team expeditions operate to exceptionally high standards, providing a safe, fully supported and structured experience. Every expedition is led by Think Pacific expedition leaders who live with and guide our volunteer teams from start to finish. Every expedition is planned, directed and delivered with passion and immense attention to detail. You are under the care of Think Pacific throughout and we take this responsibility seriously. Fiji is all we know and love and our experience of these remarkable islands is second to none.
Adventure and exploration
We combine volunteering with adventure and exploration. Each expedition includes adventurous activities, excursions and time to relax at beautiful island resorts alongside your volunteering projects. You will work as a team to achieve a variety of volunteer project aims during the week and you will spend your evenings and weekends immersing in Fijian life and enjoying all the fun of island life –trekking, sailing, snorkelling and exploring areas of Fiji’s tourist just can’t visit.
What's included in your expedition fee?
We work hard to ensure that the cost of our expeditions reflects our high level of service, the long term achievements we make for Fijian communities and the creation of action packed and unique itineraries for our volunteers. Once in Fiji, you will only need additional spending money for telephone calls home, souvenirs and a few snacks and drinks at the resorts at the end. Here is a step by step breakdown of the inclusions of our expeditions:
All expeditions include:
- Beach Resort Briefing - 3 day briefing to sink into 'Fiji time' as you relax at a gorgeous beach resort and our leaders and our local government partners brief you on the project objectives and prepare you for life in the rural villages (meals included).
- All project accomodation and food as you live with your team and become adopted by local Fijian families in your island community (the absolute highlight of the experience!).
- Airport welcome by Think Pacific leaders (or resort pick up if you choose to arrive early)
- UK and Fijian Expedition Leader team living with you throughout and guiding your expediton from start to finish.
- 24 hour project management and support from our Fiji and UK offices.
- Adventure Activities; Example activities as part of each expedition include jungle and rainforest treks, mountain climbs, village and island visits, exursions to remote waterfalls, natural pools, beaches and historical sites. These often take place on a Saturday during projects and differ according to the project island and location of our volunteer project as each team visits a different area of Fiji, but we always experience some amazing excursions and see places tourists just can't visit!
- Organised 'Kaiviti activities' and guided involvement in local customs and culture throughout your project, which includes Fijian cooking, Fijian language lessons, mat weaving, bilo making, traditional Kava cermonies, visits to the plantations and in some locations Fiji-style fishing or spear fishing excursions.
- Resort accommodation including breakfasts and evening meals as we enjoy 3 days of rest and relaxtion at paradise locations and organise a de-brief at the end of each expedition.
- Youth and sports resources and equipment to enable you to lead a diverse range of sports coaching sessions, educational and extra-curricular initiatives for Fijian children during your project.
- Long term financial support to schools and communities to enable the aims to continue long after you have departed.
- Think Pacific Pre-Departure Support - Including personal one-to-one telephone briefing (or face-to-face meeting in Leeds if you would prefer) to discuss your aims and interests and offer key advice about the challenges of our project, Fijian lifestyle and our volunteer aims ahead, comprehensive project information pack, assistance with flights and insurance, your personal Project Manager for your chosen expedition to assist you all the way to departure with planning and organisation by phone, skype and email.
- Think Pacific expedition t-shirt and sulu (provided on arrival in Fiji).
- Long term support and charity donations - Importantly, your project fee (alongside our own fundraising and donations from UK universities) is used to support the long term charity aims of our foundation year round. This includes the purchase of vital resources, books, teaching materials and sports kit for thousands of rural children across the Fiji islands. We fund large scale building projects each year including installing fresh water and creating school classrooms as well as supporting remote hospitals and clinics with supplies. Our trained Fijian and UK staff deliver youth outreach projects, rural kindergarten projects, health awareness, drug awareness and sexual health initiatives, we deliver sports camps and sports development programmes with the Fijian Government and UNICEF Pacific and we fund scholarships and training courses for young Fijians including our own apprenticeship programme. Non of these initiatives would be possible without the funding raised by our volunteers to join their expedition. When you join a project, you will support one community by engaging in education and sports volunteering, but you will also be funding initiatives for hundreds more children in the remotest and poorest areas.
What's not included?
The following items are not included but we will be happy to advise you on them.
- International flights.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Personal spending money (for souvenirs, telephone calls, and any extra activities).
Lucy Price, ShrewsburyIt was the best experience of my life. I feel like I've come away with some of the closest friends you can ever make.